goAML registration guide
What is goAML in UAE?
The goAML is a software application used by the UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to curb money laundering and terrorist financing. It is one of the UNODC’s strategic responses to money laundering and terrorist financing.
The goAML portal takes care of data collection, management, analytical, document management, workflow, and statistical needs of the UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit. The goAML portal is used by the UAE’s FIU to gather information and data about suspicious transactions involving money laundering and terrorism financing.
Who should register with goAML system in UAE?
In order to curb financial crimes, some businesses in the UAE are required to perform anti-money laundering registration.
goAML Dubai is a state-of-the-art platform utilized by regulated entities in Dubai to fight money laundering and ensure regulatory compliance.
The regulated organizations subject to AML regulations in the UAE are required to carry out goAML reporting, including Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Suspicious Transaction Report (STR), to the FIU and the regulatory authorities.
Accordingly, all the following AML-regulated organizations must register on the UAE FIU’s goAML Portal:
– Financial Institutions
– Virtual Asset Service Providers (VASPs)
– Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions (DNFBPs)
- Dealers in Precious Metals and Stones
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers
- Trust and Corporate Service Providers
- Lawyers, Notaries, and independent legal professionals
- Independent Accountants and Auditors
UAE goAML Registration Deadline
For the regulated organization that existed as on 31st March 2021, the deadline prescribed by the Ministry of Economy for the UAE FIU registration on the goAML portal was 31st March 2021. The date was later extended to 30th April 2021.
The regulated organisations which did not register then as per the deadline mentioned above can still register with the goAML UAE.
The companies newly incorporated in the UAE post the given deadline must register on the goAML system in UAE once they receive their Commercial or Trade License.
What are the documents required for goAML registration in UAE?
The following documents are required for goAML registration in UAE:
- The organisation’s Authorisation Letter (Click to download goAML Registration Authorisation Letter template) in favour of the designated AML/CFT Compliance Officer
- A copy of the passport, resident visa, and Emirates ID of the Compliance Officer
- A copy of the organization’s commercial or trade license
In addition to the documents, the organization must also download the ‘Google Authenticator’ application on the mobile of the registered contact number.
UAE goAML Registration Type
The goAML Portal offers three types of goAML registration, as prescribed by the UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit:
- Reporting Entity
- Supervisory Body
Financial Institutions (FIs), VASPs, and DNFBPs must register on the goAML Portal with Registration Type “Reporting Entities”.
What are the steps to register on the goAML Portal in UAE?
The goAML registration is a two-stage process enabling you to obtain the goAML login in UAE:
Stage 1: Register in the Service Access Control Manager (SACM) system of the UAE FIU to get Username and the Secret Key for accessing Google Authenticator.
Stage 2: Registration on the UAE FIU’s goAML Portal, furnishing information about the organization and the Compliance Officer.
Stage 1 of goAML Registration: SACM Registration and Obtaining the Secret Key
The first stage is registering the entity to get the username and the SECRET CODE to access the Google Authenticator application on the mobile device.
a. Access https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/sacm/registration.php and complete this form, attaching the documents mentioned above.
b. goAML Pre-registration Phase Guide – Key considerations to be taken care of while performing SACM Registration:
- Mandatory fields marked with (*) must be completed
- Select “Registration Type” as Reporting Entity
- Appropriate Supervisory Authority must be selected
- Under “ID Number/Reg. No.” captures the License Number as mentioned in the Trade License
- Phone number and email address must be entered accurately to receive OTPs
- Attachment of the supporting documents is allowed as PDF only
- The documents to be uploaded – Authorization Letter, Trade/Commercial License, copy of Passport, Emirates ID and Residence Visa – must be merged and uploaded as a single pdf file
- Do not forget to TICK the acceptance of the “goAML Portal Service Terms and Conditions” block
- Ensure that the e-mail IDs are whitelisted – [email protected] and [email protected]
Upon submission of this form, you will receive an email on the registered email ID, capturing the Email OTP and URL to access the username and the Secret Key for setting up the Google Authenticator application.
The OTP is valid for 24 hours only.
c. Set up Google Authenticator
Install the Google Authenticator application on the mobile, with a contact number registered on the SACM.
Now create an account on the application, capturing the following details:
- Capture the Account Name as “goAML Portal”.
- Under Your Key field, enter the Secret Key received via email.
Stage 2 of goAML Registration: Completing goAML Registration
Now, complete the goAML registration.
a. SACM Portal Login https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/goaml/ and log in using the username received post-SACM registration and a 6-digit code on the Google Authenticator as a Password.
b. Upon Sign In, you will be directed to the goAML homepage.
c. Initiate the registration by clicking “Register as a New organization”.
d. goAML Registration Phase Guide – Key considerations to be taken care of while registering on FIU’s goAML Portal:
- Select “Registration Type” as Reporting Entity
- Mandatory fields marked with (*) must be completed
- Accurately furnish organizational details and the details about the Compliance Officer
- If you face any issues while registering, you can write to us at [email protected] and in case of any Portal related issue, write to [email protected]
e. Wait for email confirmation about the approval of your registration application, and you will get a unique “Org ID”, which is each organization’s unique goAML identity number.
UAE FIU goAML Registration Approval
The registration applications submitted on UAE the FIU’s goAML Portal are approved by the organization’s Supervisory Authorities in the UAE.
What should I do if I do not receive an email OTP for my goAML Pre-registration request?
Why should you register on UAE FIU goAML portal?
No AML/CFT matters can be reported to the FIU or the regulatory authorities without registration on the goAML Portal. To ensure timely reporting of the following reports with the FIU and the concerned supervisory authority, the regulated organizations must register themselves on the goAML Portal:
- Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
- Suspicious Transaction Report (STR)
- Dealers in Precious Metals and Stones Report (DPMSR)
- Real Estate Activity Report (REAR)
- Fund Freeze Report (FFR)
- Partial Name Match Report (PNMR)
- High-Risk Country Transaction Report (HRC)
- High-Risk Country Activity Report (HRCA)
What if a business in UAE fails to Register in goAML?
All Financial Institutions, VASPs and DNFBPs must register on the UAE FIU’s goAML Portal.
The failure to register on goAML Portal is a failure on the part of the regulated organization to implement necessary procedures to detect and “Report” suspicious transactions related to money laundering or terrorism financing.
Accordingly, failure to register on the goAML portal is a violation of the AML/CFT regulations of the UAE and would attract administrative penalties ranging between AED 50,000 and AED 5,000,000.
Subsequent Access to UAE goAML Portal
Once registered successfully, you can access the UAE FIU goAML portal for your reporting purposes by navigating to the goAML Login URL: https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/goaml/
Sign-in to this pop-up using the username received post-SACM registration, and your Password would be the 6-digit code appearing on the Google Authenticator.
How to register as a “Person” on the UAE goAML Registration Portal?
Once the regulated organization is registered on the goAML Portal, new users can be added. For this, the person intending to access the organisation’s goAML Portal must first register on the goAML Portal.
Registration on goAML Portal as a “New User”
Following the below-mentioned steps for registering on the goAML Portal as a new user:
1. The new user must register on the SACM Portal by navigating https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/sacm/registration.php
2. Upon approval of the SACM application or goAML pre-registration, the user will get an email for Username and Security Key
3. Download the Google Authenticator application on the mobile device and set up the app using Secret Key received
4. Access https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/goaml/
5. Upon Sign In, you will be directed to the goAML homepage.
6. Initiate the registration by clicking “Register as a New Person”.
7. The application for accessing the goAML Portal as a “new user” will be sent to the Compliance Officer of the organization (an ADMIN user for the organization’s goAML Portal access), who shall approve the new user request.
Key considerations to be taken care of while registering on FIU’s goAML Portal as a “New Person”:
- Capture the “Organization ID” accurately to access your organization’s goAML Account
- Mandatory fields marked with (*) must be completed
Approval of the “New User” Request by the Compliance Officer on the goAML Portal
Upon accessing goAML Portal, the Compliance Officer will be directed to the homepage.
2. The Compliance Officer shall navigate the “ADMIN” menu and select “User Request Management” from the dropdown list.
3. The “User Change Request” page shall be displayed, and the Compliance Officer should click “Preview“ to verify the details
4. The Compliance Officer can approve or reject the new use request and may also add the comments for rejection, if any.
5. Upon finalisation of the request by the Compliance Officer, the user will get an email notification on the registered email ID.
Setting Access Rights for Users on the UAE goAML Portal for registered Reporting Entity?
The Compliance Officer of the reporting entity can specify the roles (as ADMIN or as USER) of various users on the goAML Portal, as under:
b. Navigate the “ADMIN” menu and select “User-Role Management” from the dropdown list.
c. Select the user from the available list and specify the role for the person
The Compliance Officer can also create more roles, apart from ADMIN and USER, if required, by selecting “Role Management” option from the “ADMIN” menu.
Now, the Compliance Officer can add any new roles for the users and specify the corresponding access rights by clicking on “Add a new role for this entity” button.
How to disable an active user on the UAE goAML Portal?
The ADMIN user of the organization’s goAML Account can disable an active use, by clicking on “Disable” icon, as under:
I have forgotten my Password for the UAE goAML Portal. How do I reset it?
The goAML Portal Password can be reset as under:
1. Click on “Forgot Password” button
2. A pop-up will be provided to capture Username and Email ID (registered with goAML Portal)
3. An email shall be received on the registered email ID capturing the link to set a new Password.
I have forgotten my Username for accessing the UAE goAML Portal for 2nd Stage registration. How do I retrieve my FIU UAE goAML Login ID?
To retrieve the forgotten FIU UAE goAML Login Username, write an email to goAML Support Team on [email protected], capturing the following information:
- Name of the organization
- Organization ID
- First and last name as registered on the goAML Portal
- Registered Email ID
- Emirates ID and Passport Number
- Date of Birth
Do I get UAE FIU goAML Registration Certificate?
The Financial Institutions, Virtual Asset Service Providers, and Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions have to register with the UAE FIU goAML system.
Once registered, the FIU UAE will share an email confirming the approval of the registration.
What is the UAE FIU goAML Contact Number?
goAML helpdesk contact number is: +971 2 6915599.
You may also contact goAML helpdesk by email: [email protected].
How do I update the changes in the organizational details on the UAE goAML Portal?
The Compliance Officer can update the changes in the organizational details as under:
b. The Compliance Officer shall go to the “My goAML” menu and click on “My Org Details” from the dropdown list.
c. The Compliance Officer can now update the details like –
- Organization name and address
- Incorporation number
- Nature of business activities
- Website, Email ID and Contact number
- Contact Person
d. Upon submission of the change details, the Supervisory Authority will verify and approve these changes. The Compliance Officer shall get an intimation for the approval by way of email on the registered email ID.
FIU UAE goAML Registration Step-by-Step Guide
Download UAE goAML registration guide: UAE Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
Share via :
Our recent downloads
side bar form
Share via :
UAE FIU goAML FAQs
UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) launched a new anti-money laundering platform called goAML in UAE with the aim to regulate and control organized financial crimes.
goAML registration is the process that financial institutions and designated non-financial businesses and professions (DNFBPs) must follow to register on the goAML system. It includes registration on the goAML portal’s protection system (SACM) followed by registration on the goAML system.
goAML is an integrated system used to fight against money laundering and terrorism financing. The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) built this system. All financial institutions and DNFBPs required to comply with AML guidelines are supposed to register on this platform.
To register for anti-money laundering in UAE, relevant entities must register into the FIU goAML system. This system collects data on the SAR, STR, REAR, DPMSR, HRC, HRCA, FFR, and PNMR submitted by entities.
In response to money laundering and terrorist financing, the goAML application is available to more than 60 member states of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) through their country FIUs.
goAML collects data on suspicious transaction reports, Dealers in Precious Metals and Stones Report (DPMSR) and other reports from country-specific FIUs, evaluates them, disseminates intelligence reports to relevant authorities and exchanges reports or data with other global authorities.
For goAML Login, click on link: https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/ for goAML login. Then click on Systems, click on goAML, then provide your Username and the Google Authenticator Passcode as the Password. Click Sign In. You will now be redirected to the goAML UAE homepage. Now, click the Login button and provide the Username and Password created at the time of registering on the goAML portal and click login.
UAE Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is empowered to receive Suspicious Transactions Reports (STR), Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), Dealers in Precious Metals and Stones Report (DPMSR), Real Estate Activity Report (REAR) via a portal specifically maintained for the purpose viz., goAML. DNFBPs and FIs in UAE are required to file these reports with goAML UAE.
DNFBPs in UAE have to register with the goAML portal and provide all mandatory information and supporting documents. The FIU UAE will verify this information and send an email notifying the approval of the registration.
1. If you ever forget your UAEFIU goAML login password, hit forget password button as highlighted below:
2. It will pop up the reset password request window. You need to enter your user name, registered email, CAPTCHA, and hit submit
3. You will receive a link on your registered email which will help you reset your UAE goAML password
In order to update organization detail, the registered user needs to login to the UAE FIU goAML portal, go to the My goAML Menu, and then click My Org Details Menu.
Here, the user can update information like business name, licensed activity, incorporation number, email, website, contact person, telephone number, and address.
The supervisory authority will verify the information, and upon approval, an automated confirmation email will be sent to the organization’s registered email.
Central Bank UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) maintains the goAML software in UAE. DNFBPs must register with the goAML portal. GoAML registration is a two-step process requiring information about the organization and supporting documents. One can register with the goAML system in UAE by providing necessary information at: https://services.uaefiu.gov.ae/sacm/registration.php
Yes, delegating your CBUAE FIU goAML reporting responsibilities to third parties is possible. You may outsource goAML reporting responsibilities for STR, SAR, DPMSR, REAR, etc., to external parties, but it is recommended that such parties create an account on the goAML portal before providing such services.
The admin user of the goAML portal should click the change Selected Delegating Organization, provide the Organization ID associated with the delegated party, and submit the request. The supervisory authority will verify the information and approve the change.
Yes, you can. Navigate to My goAML menu and make the required changes. The admin user of your organization must approve the change in email, and then the supervisory authority will verify the information and approve the change.
You need to click the preview button before submitting an STR/SAR/DPMSR/PNMR/FFR/REAR and then click the print button to print the report.
The CBUAE FIU goAML registration in UAE is approved by the respective regulator or supervisory body.
The goAML Message Board facilitates communication between the FIU UAE and the goAML users. The reporting entities can come to know of the status of their submitted reports immediately through the message board. The FIU also requests its information requirement through the message board. The goAML message board is not specific to a particular user, but it is for the reporting entity as a whole.
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) developed the goAML software. It is an integrated system for Financial Intelligence Units to receive, analyse, and distribute Suspicious Transactions Reports (STRs) in an efficient way. The UAE is the first country in the Gulf to adopt this modern STR reporting system.
UNODC is the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. You can reach UNODC at https://www.unodc.org/
One needs to register with the UAE FIU goAML portal. The detailed guide for FIU registration process is available here: https://amluae.com/goaml-registration-guide/
goAML is a communication medium between the reporting entity and the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). All the suspicion reports and reporting of designated transactions prescribed under AML/CFT regulations will be reported via the goAML Portal. So to submit these reports, a reporting entity shall initially have to register with the goAML.
Failure to register on goAML Portal may result in severe penalties invoked by the Supervisory Authority, ranging from AED 50,000 to AED 5,000,000.
All FIs, DNFBPs & VASPs must register on the goAML portal and implement the policies and procedures to identify and report any suspicious transactions related to money laundering or terrorism financing.